Events Manager Not In Drop Box

May 6, 2007 at 8:38 PM
I am looking forward to using this utility however I ran into a problem...

I have installed the solution on my server, enabled it in the central administration and iireset the server. The Events Manager still doesn't appear in the drop box. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kevin
May 6, 2008 at 8:28 PM
I had similar issues Kevin - for the record for anyone else using Events Manager, you also have to activate it in the 'Site Collection Features' page under 'Site Settings'.
Jun 26, 2008 at 7:45 PM

Hey,

I also have encountered this problem. I did everything that kcornwell did and when i looked under the Site Collection Features I did not see the Event Manager to activate. Any suggestions as to why this would not be showing up under Site Collection Features?

Thanks in Advance,
Andrew

Dec 2, 2008 at 3:45 PM
Try this:

1. run "stsadm -o addsolution -filename GatWeb.SharePoint.EventsManager.wsp"
2. open GatWeb.SharePoint.EventsManager.wsp in TotalCommander (Ctrl+PageDown) or rename it as GatWeb.SharePoint.EventsManager.cab
3. copy files from GatWebEventsManager directory in the cabinet to "c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\GatWebEventsManager\"
4. run "stsadm -o installfeature -name GatWebEventsManager" and "stsadm -o activatefeature -url <fill-in-yours> -name GatWebEventsManager"

The above helped me and I see Events Manager item in list settings menu now.

Regards,
Roman
Jan 29, 2009 at 12:56 PM
Tnks romanb, your instructions had worked for me!!
Jul 12, 2009 at 12:21 PM

I'm looking forwared to use your feature, but i have a question before start using your one : what about anonymous user which have a permission to add item on a sharepoint list that has an Event reciver on item adding , is he could adding an item without error ? and if not.. do you have any work arround to do this?